The New Mexico Medical Political Action Committee [NEMPAC] is a voluntary, non-profit, unincorporated Committee of individual physicians and others and is not affiliated with any political party.
James Spence MD (Farmington) – Chair
Stephen Haynes MD (Clovis) – Vice Chair
James Martinez MD (Albuquerque) – Secretary/Treasurer
Angela Bratton MD (Los Alamos) – At Large Member
The purposes of NEMPAC are:
(1) to promote and strive for the improvement of government by encouraging and stimulating physicians and others to take a more active and effective part in governmental affairs.
(2) to encourage physicians and osteopathy to understand and evaluate the nature and actions of government, the significance of political issues, the records of officeholders, and the pertinent qualifications of candidates for elective office.
(3) to assist physicians and others to organize themselves for effective political action to promote civic responsibility and integrity in government.
(4) to support candidates/officeholders who support the interest of physicians – helping them to provide efficient, highest quality of healthcare while reducing the regulatory burdens that lead to impediments to patients receiving needed healthcare.
(5) to do any and all things necessary or desirable for the attainment of the purposes stated above.
Contributions may be made in several ways:
1. Credit card payments may be made by calling the NMMS office at (505) 828-0237.
2. Checks may be made payable to NEMPAC and mailed to 316 Osuna Road NE, Suite 501, Albuquerque, NM 87107.
3. Automatic checking account drafts may also be arranged.For more information, please call (505) 796-3434.