Disaster Preparedness

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Preparedness for All Hazards

Clinician Resources

CDC Health Alert Network


New Mexico Department of Health
All-Hazard Emergency Operations Plan (November 6, 2014)

NM Department of Health HAN (Health Alert Network)

To register in the HAN:
Open https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085613008 and click on the blue ‘Sign up’ link and provide all of the information on each page until you click on the ‘Finish’ button.

To contact HAN:
Email:    han.helpdesk@state.nm.us
Phone:  (505) 476-8225

Ebola Virus Disease Response Plan (October 29, 2014)

New Mexico – Volunteer Application and Liability Coverage for Volunteer Physicians
Senator Steven Komadina MD carried SB0023 (July 1, 2007) which provided volunteer physicians with coverage under the state Tort Claims Act (NMAC 7 1 26 Volunteer Provider Tort Coverage Program).

Bother the volunteer and the organization must be registered with NM Serves for the liability coverage to take effect.The volunteer application form, program information, and instructions on how to get an organization/agency certified for a volunteer placement are available on the NM Medical Reserves Corp.  Contact NM Serves, 505.476.8302, and let them know where you plan to volunteer. They will make sure that the agency is registered in the system.  When all is good to go, you will be issued a badge, hat, and tshirt to wear while volunteering.

Disease Map & Notification
Health Map – Global Health, Local Information

Poison Control 
National Hotline (open 24/7)  800-222-1222
NM Poison and Drug Information Center (not for emergencies)

Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP)
Program Summary
WIPP Task Force

Waterborne Disease and Water Terrorism 
An Online Guide for Physicians from the American College of Preventive Medicine