- Problem Drinking Screening and Counseling in New Mexico: A Handbook for Health Care Providers [published by the Clinical Prevention Initiative, no longer valid for continuing education credit though it remains a valuable resource]
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – COPD
Coronavirus Disease – CoVID-19
- New Mexico link for all COVID-19 Resources and Materials for Clinicians, Patients, and Researchers – updated daily
- COVID Therapeutics for Outpatients – Quick Reference for Prescribers (PDF) (January 22, 2022)
- CMS COVID Resource Page
- CDC Resources on Coronavirus COVID-19
- CDC and CMS and AMA have a wealth of guidance for health professionals regarding PPE usage, practice guidance, and clinical care.
- American Diabetes Association
- National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Diabetes- State Health Facts (Kaiser Family)
- Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) – materials and information from the Centers from Disease Control and Prevention
- Topics include: signs and symptoms, treatment, transmission, prevention, diagnosis, risk of exposure, outbreaks, clinical guidance, and useful links.
- Evaluating Returned Travelers for EVD, U.S.
Hypertension and Pre-hypertension
- TARGET BP™ is a national initiative formed by the American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Medical Association (AMA) in response to the high prevalence of uncontrolled blood pressure (BP). Target: BP helps health care organizations and care teams, at no cost, improve BP control rates through an evidence-based quality improvement program and recognizes organizations committed to improving BP control.
- M.A.P. — Measure/Act/Partner [American Medical Association]
- CDC Immunization Home Page
- CDC Immunization Schedules
- Immunization Action Coalition
- New Mexico Immunization Practices Advisory Council [IPAC] Fact Sheets:
- 2016 Combination Vaccines
- 2016 Herpes Zoster Vaccine
- 2016 Human Papillomavirus Vaccine
- 2016 Influenza Vaccine
- 2016 Meningococcal Vaccines (A, C, Y, W-135)
- 2016 Pneumococcal polysaccharide and conjugate vaccines for adults 19+ years
- 2016 Pneumococcal polysaccharide and conjugate vaccine for children 18 and younger
- 2016 Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) vaccine
- 2016 Tracking Immunizations: NM Statewide Immunization Information System (NMSIIS)
Medical Practice Resources
- AMA Steps Forward – Transform Your Practice
- Includes Online Modules, Downloadable Tools, Implementation Support
- The NM Medicaid COVID-19 provider portal has variety of information related to policy flexibilities, special Medicaid guidance, and telehealth codes and resources.
- If you’d like to learn more about volunteer opportunities please sign-up at the DOH Medical Reserve Corps. Healthcare and non-healthcare professionals needed.
NM State Data
- NM Healthcare Workforce Report (October 1, 2022)
- County Health Rankings (A Robert Wood Johnson Program)
- Health Map – Global Health, Local Information
Pain Management – Controlled Substance & Opioid Abuse
- CDC Guidelines for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain – US 2022
- End Opioid Epidemic (AMA MicroSite)
- Healthline article on Women and Opioid Use Disorder.
- 2021_10_4 Public Health Order – Testing for Congenital Syphilis
- 2023_10_12 Public Health Order – Increase Syphilis Screening in All Pregnant People and Adults Ages 18 to 50 to Prevent Congenital Syphilis